Sunday, April 26, 2009

Memories...

I am still recovering from the pain deep in side my heart. I recieved the news on Wednesday afternoon. Thursday morning the first thing I did was rushed back to office. Told my boss I am going on leave for 2 days due to this. Right after I got his approval, I sent my car for maintenance. Right after it was fixed, I packed my stuff and drove all the way to KL. I had to be there to see her at least one last time. But, deep in my heart I was still hoping this is not real.

I finally made it at KL around 8pm, after a quick dinner with my cousin. I contacted Siew Moi who actually brought me to the Nirvana Memorial Park. I need her to bring me there. I don't know the way. =,=" Thank you Siew Moi for being so helpful, I couldn't have made it without your help.

I was there paying my final respect to my dearest cyber sister. That is the moment that I finally accepted she has left. Looking at her, lying in the coffin, quietly... I held those tears in my eyes. I do not want to cry in front of her.

I met up with her family, her bf. We talked about her and those moments we had together. They told me about the illness she had been suffering since she was 3 months old...

Thalassemia - is an inherited autosomal recessive blood disease. In thalassemia, the genetic defect results in reduced rate of synthesis of one of the globin chains that make up hemoglobin. Reduced synthesis of one of the globin chains can cause the formation of abnormal hemoglobin molecules, and this in turn causes the anemia which is the characteristic presenting symptom of the thalassemias.

According to them, she was really lucky to have survived all these years. I searched my memories and found nothing at all. She had kept this as a little secret fir herself. Without letting any of her friends know. She was so thoughtful... She knew that we will be worry about her after knowing all these. None of her friend, including me as her "Kai Kor" didn't even know about this.




Still, I am feeling sad. But, I never regreted having her as one of my closest friends. Everytime I went to Kl. She was always on the top of my contact list. No matter what activiy we were together, it was always a great pleasure. I miss her... And she will be in my heart forever. Someone that I will never forget - Olivia Chong (1979 - 2009). Cheers... my dearest sis, here are your favourite drinks.

2 comments:

Steve said...

YOU STOP BEER LE

said...

steve - stopped d @@" now i control myself like max 1 stout if i really can't sleep =,="